Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Banana Cream Pie

I'm not a pie maker - but for Thanksgiving this year I was tasked with the pies. It scared me! I did my best and the pies were clearly unprofessional. But....my Banana Cream Pie was to die for. Here it is:

1 pie crust (9 inch), baked (I cheat and use the frozen pie crusts)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 2/3 cups water
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks, beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medium bananas
whipped cream

In heavy saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir in sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.

Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla. Cool slightly. Slice 2 bananas. Arrange on bottom of prepared crust. Pour filling over bananas; cover. Chill 4 hours or until set.

Spread top with whipped cream. Slice remaining banana and garnish top of pie. Refrigerate leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment